Last Revised on January 26, 2021
1. COMPANY’S COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION
When you use the Website, we may ask you to provide us with Information. Information that you submit through the Website may include:
- Basic contact details, including your name, address, phone number and email. We collect this Information when you interact with the Website or otherwise with us, for example, when you contact us with a question or comment. We collect this Information to communicate with you, provide you with the Website [and market to you].
Some features of the Website may require you to enter certain Information. You may elect not to provide this information, but doing so may prevent you from using or accessing these features.
We also automatically collect certain information about your interaction with the Website (“Usage Data”). To do this, we may use “cookies” and other technologies (“Tracking Technologies”). Usage Data may include:
- IP address
- Unique device identifier
- Device type, such as your phone, computer or tablet
- If you access your account from a mobile device, that mobile device may also provide us with details of your location. Most mobile devices allow you to disable this functionality.
We use the information we collect automatically to improve the usability, performance and effectiveness of our Website. See also Section 2 “COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES” below.
We may obtain information about you from outside sources. Such information may include:
- Information we receive about you from third parties, such as Greenhouse Software, Inc., which is used to collect and process your application for employment.
- Information from third parties that you choose to share with us. For example, if you access the Website through a third-party platform or log-in, we may also collect your email address and other Information associated with that third party, and any Information you have made public in connection with that service or which the third party shares with partner services.
We are not responsible or liable for the accuracy of the information provided to us by third parties and are not responsible for any third party’s policies or practices. See also Section 5 “THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND LINKS” below.
In addition to the foregoing, we may use all of the above information to (i) comply with any applicable legal obligations, (ii) enforce any applicable terms of service, (iii) create anonymized and aggregated data sets that may be used for a variety of functions, including research, internal analysis, analytics or other functions, (iv) provide or improve the Website and all content, tools and futures on the Website and (v) protect or defend the Website, our rights, the rights of our users or others.
2. COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
You may disable cookies by changing the settings on your browser and/or devices. Check your browser’s or device’s help or support menu for further information. Remember that if you disable cookies it is likely to affect how the Website works and you may not be able to access or use certain features of the Website.
Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that users can set in some web browsers, allowing users to opt out of tracking by websites and online services. Like many websites, Omega and the Website do not recognize DNT. To learn more about DNT, you can visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com/.
3. SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH OTHER COMPANIES
We will share your Information with third parties in certain circumstances. Such circumstances may include:
- When we contract or partner with a third party to provide services on our behalf, which we do for Website development and maintenance.
- In connection with the sale of a business (including merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a material portion of its assets, change in corporate control or insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings).
- With our affiliates or otherwise within our corporate group.
- To comply with applicable law or any obligations thereunder, including cooperation with law enforcement, judicial orders and regulatory inquiries.
- To enforce any applicable terms of service.
- To ensure the safety and security of the Company and/or its users.
- With professional advisors, such as auditors, law firms or accounting firms.
4. YOUR CONTROLS AND CHOICES
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your Information. Your controls and choices may include:
- You may accept or disallow cookies.
- You may request access to the Information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it.
You may exercise your controls and choices, or request access to your Information, by contacting us at email@example.com or following instructions provided in communications sent to you. Please be aware that if you do not allow us to collect Information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain services to you and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If you have questions regarding the specific Information about you that we process or retain, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND LINKS
Our Website may contain links to other sites or online platforms operated by third parties We do not control such other sites or online platforms and are not responsible for their content, their privacy policies or their use of your Information. Our inclusion of such links does not, by itself, imply any endorsement of the content on such sites or platforms or of their owners or operators except as disclosed on the Website. For example, Greenhouse Software, Inc.
Please keep in mind that Information you post on public or semi-public venues, including Information you share on third-party social networking platforms (such as Facebook or Twitter) may also be viewable by other users of the Website and/or users of those third-party online platforms without limitation as to its use by us or by a third-party. When you provide Information to a third-party online platform, the Information you provide may be separately collected by that third-party. The Information the third-party online platform collects is subject to the third-party online platform’s privacy practices. Privacy choices you make on the third-party online platform will not apply to our use of the Information we collect directly through our Website.
We expressly disclaim any and all liability for the actions of third parties, including but without limitation to actions relating to the use and/or disclosure of Information by third parties.
6. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to use the Website, and we do not seek or knowingly collect any Information about children under 13 years of age. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected Information from a child 13 years of age or younger, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such Information from our database.
If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 13 years of age who has provided us with Information, you may contact us to request it be deleted.
7. DATA SECURITY AND RETENTION
Please note that Information you send to us electronically may not be secure when it is transmitted to us. We recommend that you do not use unsecure channels to communicate sensitive or confidential Information to us. From time to time, we review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware though that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Any information you send us through any means is transmitted at your own risk.
9. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a user of this Website and a California resident under the age of 18, you may request to have your posted content or Information removed from the publicly-viewable portion of this web site by contacting us directly. Content or Information may not be removed from our systems or databases. In certain situations, content or Information cannot be removed.
As a California resident, you may contact us with any questions or to request a list of third parties to whom we may disclose Information for such third parties’ marketing purposes and the categories of Information we may disclose. See How to Contact Us below.
10. HOW TO CONTACT US
Any questions or concerns regarding the use or disclosure of Personal Information should be directed to Omega at email@example.com.